Old September 21st 03, 07:28 AM
Larry Roll K3LT

In article k.net, "Dwight
Stewart" writes:

"Larry Roll K3LT" wrote:

You just locked, loaded, took careful aim, and shot
yourself in the foot! If you had ANY experience with
Morse/CW at all, you'd realize that the mode which
is in "decline" lately on HF is SSB -- due to poor
operating conditions. The CW segments continue to
jump with activity. (snip)

So you're saying code use "in this country" is jumping with activity? If
so, where? I've looked in the commercial bands, shortwave broadcast bands,
military bands, and so on, and found very little code use (certainly far
less than just a few decades ago, just as I said).

Dwight:

Uh huh. Right. I totally agree. And if I were discussing commercial
or military communications, that may be a relevant point. However,
since we're discussing Amateur Radio, you're just spinning your
wheels with the NCTA's most famously irrelevant and unresponsive
argument.

I'm gonna give you some free advice here, Dwight.
(snip) You're out of your depth when discussing code
testing, so I would suggest, for the sake of your own
credibility, that you chose a topic you know something
about.

Now, let me give you some advice, Larry. You're too narrow-minded to even
understand the concepts behind code testing. Code testing is not, and has
never been, solely to benefit Amateur Radio.

OK, Dwight -- then, for the umpteenth time, please inform us what it
IS relevant to OTHER than the ARS? By your own admission, no
other communications service is using Morse/CW to any noticeable
extent. So, WHICH ONE IS???

Therefore, you can't focus
solely on Amateur Radio when discussing the code testing issue.

The heck I can't, Dwight!

So, for the
sake of your own credibility on this subject, look outside your own narrowly
defined little world at the much larger picture elsewhere (the view from the
FCC's perspective). Only then will you be aware enough to seriously discuss
this issue.

Dwight, unless and until you can show us just exactly WHERE the
ARS's code testing requirement ***IS*** relevant OUTSIDE of the ARS,
all you're doing is blowing smoke. And not very dense smoke at that.

The subject of this thread is "where PCTA's fail in logic." So far, it has
only served to prove that the NCTA's have no concept of logic at all,
and are therefore unqualified to discuss it.

73 de Larry, K3LT