Old September 21st 03, 10:29 PM
Dee D. Flint

"Clint" rattlehead at computron dot net wrote in message

I and other parents that I know have always required our children to eat
foods that are good for them whether they liked them or not.

and that's fine for children.

Funny, I thought we were talking about ADULT hams.

Clint
KB5ZHT

The same applies to students of all ages. When an adult goes to college,
they can select which area that they are going to get a degree in. Once
they make the selection, they have no choice in the basic classes only in
the electives that follow the basic classes. For example, all the
engineering curricula at the university I attended required all engineering
students to take a basic electrical engineering class. If I had not taken
it, I would have been denied my degree. Well in my engineering career, I
have yet to use that material since I am not an electrical engineer.

So a person can choose to be a ham (i.e. choose to be a mechanical
engineer). They cannot choose which material is required to be a ham (or
mechanical engineer). The curriculum has to be set by an experienced
person.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE