Old September 21st 03, 11:08 PM
Len Over 21

In article , ospam
(Larry Roll K3LT) writes:

In article ,

(Len Over 21) writes:

Dwight, if Larrah had to do it, EVERYBODY has to do it.

Except YOU, Lennie. YOU never do anything but whine!

I prefer a rose' with elaborate dinners, not the common table grappa in
a peasant cottage.

Sonny, I've probably done MORE in radio already than you've done in
your entire "career" as a hambone...er Ham.

You have PLAYED for years at ham radio, using ready-made
equipment, not really understanding what goes on behind your
ready-made front panels. Where are YOUR accomplishments in
amateur radio, your name posted as anywhere involving advancing
anything of the amateur state of the art? On FIDONET? Words,
self-glorifying yourself. On this newsgroup? More words, more
self-glorifying of yourself...plus an extreme amount of patronizing
"I am your moral superior" preacher without a church.

Yes, without a church. Up in Newington you couldn't be "honored"
when you showed up at their door so you upbraided ARRL for not
treating you as royalty. The Church of St. Hiram rejected you!

(snip) You have not had that mode's unique benefits
and advantages proved to you over and over again through
years of daily OTA use. I have. (snip)

Again, this is not about Morse Code/CW use - it's about the code test
requirement. I can have that operational experience without a test
requirement and you can continue to enjoy the "mode's unique benefits and
advantages" long after the testing requirement is gone.

Larrah can't grasp the theological import of that clear and concise idea.
He is a self-professed "true believer" and cannot see ANY other religious
idea but his old cult status.

Well, at least I'm a True Believer in something useful, unlike Lennie,
who only "believes" in sitting on the sidelines, throwing rotten apples
at those who are acquiring and utilizing useful communications skills.

Poor baby...someone threw a rotten apple at you and its worm also
turned on you?

Sonny, you've had your morse blinders on so long you can't understand
what others are saying, have said, and explained to you in detail.

Manual radiotelegraphy is NOT a "useful communications skill" anymore
unless you are a cult morseodist. Morse code is in its 159th year as a
slow, often error-prone technically simplistic communications tool. Only
a minority of amateurs use it. Morsemen are required at each radio
circuit end to make it effective at all.

I learned several kinds of RTTY and TTY over a half century ago and USED
them...including one that had 4 TTY circuits on the same FSK transmitter.
You think Martinez' PSK31 is "new and revolutionary?" Fine. Enjoy it, but
it is an innovation intended for real-time AMATEUR teletypewriting, not as
a state-of-the-art telecommunications method. I've set up and done 9600
Baud over a high HF circuit that all the nearby amateurs scoffed and
refused to believe when it worked successfully.

I've done far more modes/types of radio circuit modulation than is allocated
to amateurs and am engaged in some DTV test work at the moment. No
DTV is yet allocated to amateur bands. You've not done "matched filter"
multichannel since that isn't allowed in ham bands either...takes too long
to explain it to you so I won't bother...you've not shown you can handle
Ohm's Law successfully, let alone understand a cosine-squared pulse
shape.

Sonny, I've done radio communications from land in many places, from the
air while in a cockpit as well as cabin, on HF from the cabin of a moored
sailboat...the latter just a few months ago. NDAs forbid my mentioning
more, but you wouldn't understand the principles anyway. All kinds of
neat, new things, including not mentionable due to Title 18 USC.

At NO time was there ever any need to use morse code or demonstrate
morsemanship to successfully communicate. Not in a half century of
work that began with 24/7 primary communications service over HF trans-
Pacific. Never. Nada. Nyet. Nicht. No morsemanship needed at any
time.

Any you've done what? Playing with your radios, doing your beeping thing
the same as what was done by amateurs a half century ago or a full
century ago? What kind of "new technology" is on-off keying code use?
Who are you trying to fool other than children, fool?

LHA