Old September 22nd 03, 12:11 AM
Clint

Default It starts with the basics

It all starts with the basics.

Before there were DVD's and compact disks, there
were casettes. Before there were casettes, there were
8-track tapes. It had to start somewhere; the way in
which analog music is written upon 8-tracks is
a fundametal aspect of music/sound reproduction.

Therefore, a person can't possibly know what he likes
in terms of products and how to spend his leisure time
unless he starts at the beginning and learns. He can't
possibly do this on his own; libraries, the internet,
dictionaries, encyclopedias, documentaries and the like
are not accessible by him. He must have instruction
FORCED upon him.

To facilitate this, we need to petition the governement
to start requireing classes in the skilled use of 8-track
tapes before he can go anywhere and purchase a
casette, CD, DVD or any other device that has
written/recorded music upon it. He can't possible, of
his own powers and via his own free will, make
decisions for himself regarding modern media and
musical reproduction systems. The Pro 8-track
tape crowd, or PETC, must stand it's ground and tell
them that that's how WE had to do it in the 70's,
so, therefore, that's who THEY should do it. All
retailers will be required to ask for documentation
proving you've passed an 8-track tape tutorial
before selling patrons the products of thier choice.

We're fair, though; we will not force them to USE
8-track tapes, or even purchase an 8-track tape
player. They can use them if they like or if they
dislike. It is the stated purpose of the PETC simply
to require them to undergo training and pass a
profeciency skill test in the use of an 8-track tape,
since this is a basic in listening to music, and everything
in the last 30+ years has stemmed from that.

If a consumer whines and complains that he should
be allowed to purchase whatever media type that he
feels is to his likeing, for whatever reason he states,
he will of course be labeled as lazy, stupid, dumb,
and wanting to just have things given to him for free.

After all, it all starts with basics.

/reductio ad absurdum

Clint
KB5ZHT