Old September 22nd 03, 03:18 AM
Leo

Here in Canada stand firm with you on that one - that was by far the
greatest tragedy to befall the US (and North America) in the history
of the world, and certainly cannot be condoned. You will find a
contingent of Canadian soldiers in Afghanistan with your troops right
now, as they have been for almost two years, working with you to hunt
down and destroy Al-Qaida. There is no safe haven here - this country
has no tolerance for terrorists. Neverless, people do get in who
should not get in (in the US as well as here) - you can't stop them
all.

However, this was am Amateur Radio thread, and your comment was off
topic. And, as a Canadian, I do take exception to the
oversimplification that the terrorists all come through here due to
our incredibly lax immigration policies - if that were true, the
Canada - US border would be (and should be) sealed and guarded to end
that from happening. I live a mere 45 miles from the border, and it
is as open as it ever was (although more vigilant in checking IDs in
the computer systems, in both directions, into Canada as well as the
US), so I assume that the threat cannot be that great. It has never
been conclusively proven that Canada is an entry point for the
terrorists (it was suggested just after 9/11, but disproven later).
And, even if they do enter the US at the Canadian border, do your
Customs guys just rubber stamp their visas and welcome them in? I
don't think so...

Let's stay on topic, and remember that we are both neighbours and
brothers in this issue!

73, Leo

On 21 Sep 2003 18:15:03 -0700, (Brian) wrote:

Leo wrote in message . ..
Dick / Brian,

Not sure what relationship this has to either Amateur Radio or the
news that I posted....I must have accidentally cross-posted to
alt.jingoism and alt.fearmongering again!

Sorry 'boot that, eh?

73, Leo

Leo, no-sweatty dah (Korean for no-sweat). I'll have to give a visit
to alt.jingoism and fearmongering. Wonder what they said about the
9/11 anniversary?