Old September 22nd 03, 03:30 PM
Clint

"Spark" is outlawed, Larrah.

Hey, that's just a trick of logic!
how DARE you bring up a fact!

Yes. Takes little brains to learn morse, just a LOT of practice...to
find that the rest of the radio world does NOT use it anymore.

yea, and he tried to claim morse code was a "constant". Heh.....

You are trying to sell a product that isn't being bought.

That is the real core of the problem, RIGHT THERE..

"if morse code testing is not continued, it's use will
decline and eventually disappear"... WELL, then, it sounds
as they they are ADMITTING that they are trying to
force people to use something they may not otherwise
do.

They also come into conflict with the other half of the
morse code-o-philes that say "you don't HAVE to use it,
once you pass the test, that's up to you."

well, how do those two arguments logically coexist? they
can't....

(1) If we don't make test for it, then you won't learn
about it, then you won't ever use CW on the air.

and THEN....

(2) you don't have to use it on the air if you don't want
to. You just need to pass a test showing you can.

You would do better selling snake oil or used cars.

Come to think of it, you probably ARE...

that's exactly what they're doing. EXACTLY... except
one step worse; they are saying that if the government
doesn't force you to try snake oil, whether or not you
don't want to, then you won't ever learn about it and
thus snake oil use will disappear.

well, snake oil use HAS... and WHY? enough said.

The more the pro-coders argue, the more thier (non)logic
is exposed, the more then the amatuer society sees the
real truth and agenda behind it, and the more that will
steadily migrate to the modern era... they already are,
but the process will just be quickened. That's why I defy
any statement that accuses me of "not wanting the pro-coders
to speak thier mind".. on the CONTRARY, I want them
to talk and talk and talk and talk... I want them to keep
trying to reason why a person must be forced to consume
a non-competitive product.

It actually makes our job easier.

Clint
KB5ZHT