Old September 22nd 03, 07:07 AM
Ryan, KC8PMX

I think that these licenses we have should be retested every so often, such
as every ten years! All applicable elements for the respective licenses
including the morse code test. Most every other license out there issued
requires some form of retesting. At least this way we will find out if
anyone has learned anything along the way or not... And it could be that if
you were, for example a 20wpm Extra, you would have to pass all the elements
required for that back then, or the license class you would have/get would
be whatever elements a person DID pass on the retest. Definitely would show
if anyone bothered to "grow" in the ten year period.

Ryan, KC8PMX

"Dee D. Flint" wrote in message
.com...

"Brian" wrote in message
om...
I disagree that it is reasonable. First, there is no other pass/fail
mode test. If there were, then your assertion that it was reasonable
would not fail so badly.

If it were practical to set up and administer pass/fail tests on other
modes, I would certainly support doing so. It is unfortunate that it is
only practical to administer code testing and written testing.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE