Old September 23rd 03, 10:02 PM
Leo

Oops, my bad, cut and paste error - that should have read:

....and the project was cancelled because there were no funds to buy
the magic decoder rings that were required

And I almost forgot, we learned that, on the Gulf Coast of Texas,
there are redcoats forcibly marketing 8-track tapes. Apparently, you
do not need to listen to them (the tapes, not the redcoats), but you
do have to purchase them - because they tell you to! Bummer - that
must play hell with local tourism!

So much for vacationing in Galveston next summer - looks like we're
going back to Orlando again instead. I hate 8-tracks - they always
used to stick and wow in the winter. Then again, I haven't seen
redcoats since we went to Fort Henry in Kingston, ON a couple of years
ago, and I'm pretty sure that they were actors. A real live redcoat
would be cool! Hmmm - if the 8-track is cheap, I guess we could just
throw it away after we get a picture with the redcoat. We'll see.

Reference:

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=re...s.co m&rnum=1

(I wonder if some of these folks realize that 'Google Groups' archives
all newsgroup posts indefinitely - do a quick search on Google Groups
for KB5ZHT, and have a look a few through the 293 hits it finds. (Not
exactly what you would want someone to find if he strayed of QRZ and
looked you up one day!)

This has been going on for a while, huh?

73, Leo