Old September 24th 03, 02:49 AM
Frank Todd

Mike Coslo wrote:
Larry Roll K3LT wrote:

In article , "Clint" rattlehead at
computron dot net writes:

Well, Clint, you said it, not me! I'm glad you're starting to see the

light!

73 de Larry, K3LT

I, I see your point.
I will be the absolute BEST driver of a modern internal combustion
engine-
driven automobile if I first take a blacksmith's apprenticeship and
learn
to shoe a horse.

Yes. Quite logical.

Clint
KB5ZHT

Well, Clint, that kind of cynicism may seem to be amusing to some, but
just goes to demonstrate a lack of any truly logical argument which
supports your position. Therefore, it, and you, are easily dismissed.

I don't know about you, Larry, but I like to know a lot about
everything I do. That goes for cars, amateur radio, computers,
housework, history, or whatever. I suspect you feel at least somewhat
this way too. Strange that there is a whole culture built up that
celebrates ignorance.

That's why if my car breaks down on the road, I stand a good chance
of getting it running again, why I know it isn't likely the F.C.C. won't
test me on the design of a 1/4 wave dipole, and why I knew that there
wasn't any special callsigns for non-coded amateurs.

Not that I don't make mistakes, but I don't come into newsgroups
acting as if I know everything either! 8^)

- Mike KB3EIA -

Just thought I'd add my two cents worth to the subject....It's about
time the FCC eradicated this ancient mode of communicaton. The FEDS
even stopped using it...Time for Amateur Radio to do the same!

--
73

Frank K3EKO