Old January 29th 04, 06:09 AM
Cecil Moore

Tdonaly wrote:
Have you ever actually made one of these magical coils, Cecil? If you
have, will you tell me how to do it?

It ain't rocket science, Tom, and it ain't magic. Do you understand self-
resonance? Every coil is self-resonant on some frequency. Build the antenna
for whatever that frequency is. My Diamond 440 MHz mobile antenna uses a
phase reversing coil to phase a 1/4WL element with the 1/2WL element
directly above yielding a fair amount of gain over a single 1/4WL element.

Did you read Wes' material?

That .pdf file locks up my computer during downloading. I may
need an upgrade to my Adobe Acrobat reader.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp