Old September 24th 03, 08:16 PM
Paul Erickson

Leo writes:

asked the Radio Amateurs of Canada (RAC, our ARRL equivalent) to
advise as to what Canadian amateurs want to do with respect to the
Morse testing requirement.

RAC set up an online survey on their website for the month of August,
and invited all Canadian amateurs (both members of RAC and non-members
alike) to voice their opinions. The results have been tabulated and
published, and has been presented to the RAC Board of Directors for
discussion with IC in the near future. The following web site has the
details:

http://www.rac.ca/news/mresults.htm

snip

73, Leo

Hi Leo, and RAC did their typical job of making sure their CW
agenda has the guise of widespread canadian amateur approval.

Noone I know knew of the survey, and I strongly suspect that
if the majority of canadian amateurs had really been aware of it,
the results would probably have been different.

I have discussed the issue over the years with a number of
directors, and Jim Cummings, and cannot express
my disgust at the way it was handled.

cheers, Paul - VA7NT