Old September 24th 03, 08:28 PM
Leo

Paul,

Fully agreed - I found the survey quite by accident when I was looking
up sonething on the RAC web site in August, otherwise I would not have
missed it too..

Was it advertised in the magazine? If so, I don'rt recall seeing it!

Hopefully, the ARRL won't try to pull the same stunt....whatever way
the vote goes, it should fairly represent the wishes of the Amateur
community, not a small (and perhaps biased??) sampling.

73, Leo

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 19:16:41 +0000 (UTC), (Paul Erickson)
wrote:

snip

73, Leo

Hi Leo, and RAC did their typical job of making sure their CW
agenda has the guise of widespread canadian amateur approval.

Noone I know knew of the survey, and I strongly suspect that
if the majority of canadian amateurs had really been aware of it,
the results would probably have been different.

I have discussed the issue over the years with a number of
directors, and Jim Cummings, and cannot express
my disgust at the way it was handled.

cheers, Paul - VA7NT