Old September 24th 03, 10:42 PM
Len Over 21

In article et, "Dwight
Stewart" writes:

"Kim W5TIT" wrote:

heh heh....tell 'im you'll get back to him when he
has something intelligent to say. I told Larry that
a couple of weeks ago and, except to tell him I
wouldn't be the slightest bit interested in meeting
him or most others in this newsgroup, I've not
posted a thing to him since. I just can't find the
"intelligent" part of his posts.

He does have the habit of trying to twist things when the discussion
doesn't go his way and I simply don't have the time for that nonsense. If he
doesn't want to discuss the issue seriously, he can discuss it with himself.

That's really not the point. I think both of you realize this. :-)

Roll's constant repetitions of old Maxims in here and the few personal
barbs he throws in are just his way of trolling for those to respond to in
the newsgroup. He seems to live by such "responses" which are little
more than cut and paste from five years ago.

Roll has a very strong sense of self...and considerable self-promotion
(in any other place it would be called "ego").

A good example of that is his self-promotion as a paragon of ethical and
moral worth of self-discipline and "motivation" on upgrading via 20 WPM
and achieving an extra class license. He loves rebuilding that marble
pedestal to stand on. It is as if all US radio amateurs should emulate
his self-admitted wonderfulness as the role model for all others.

None of it is a REAL argument for morsemanship. It is just self-praise.

Roll's basic arguments for the morse code test are just a very long-winded
version of "I had to do it so you have to do it!" Probably with a good dose
of "I'm so wonderful you should all be as good as me..."

:-)