Old September 25th 03, 12:57 AM
Dee D. Flint

"Dwight Stewart" wrote in message
ink.net...
"Dee D. Flint" wrote:

Regardless of one's stance on the code, reviewing
the history of the FCC shows that they are NOT
necessarily concerned with what's best for the ARS.
If they were, BPL would never have gotten as far
as it has.

Let me put it another way. I think the FCC is concerned about the best
interests of the ARS, within the confines of reality. We have to remember
the ARS is not the only pot on the stove - the FCC deals with many other
services and has to balance the needs of each service against the others
(and that includes the ARS). That means we're not always going to exactly
what we want, exactly when and how we want it. But that certainly doesn't
mean the FCC is not concerned with the best interests of the ARS or, as

some
have suggested, has an agenda against it. We have a massive amount of
frequencies to play with. We have more modes to play with than most radio
services. We have more freedoms (to build or modify out own equipment and

so
on) than most radio services. When you look at the whole picture, it's
fairly hard to complain too much.

Dwight Stewart (W5NET)

http://www.qsl.net/w5net/

Yeah but if we are not in there doing the "squeaky wheel" bit, they might
decide we are adequately served with less and less.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE