Old September 25th 03, 01:22 AM
Dee D. Flint

"Carl R. Stevenson" wrote in message

Given that:

1) the ARRL's membership represents 25% of US licensees

and

2) that the membership is HEAVILY stacked with long-time
hams (Techs have stayed away in droves - in my view because
they correctly have viewd ARRL's Morse policy as designed
to keep them off of HF)

OK print the demographic DATA that shows that the ARRL membership is
deficient in Technician class licenses. Right now you are presenting an
unsupported opinion. The policy was never designed to keep them off HF.
The policy was intended to require what the membership believed to be a
valuable communications tool. Based on the Techs I know, just as many (or
just as few) join the ARRL as is typical of holders of other license
classes.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE