Old January 29th 04, 07:34 AM
Wes Stewart

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 22:06:11 -0600, Cecil Moore
wrote:

|Tdonaly wrote:
| O.k., so he is writing about a moment method analysis. I hope Yuri and
| Cecil read this along with your results, Wes. Cecil can't possibly argue
| with this... I take that back, Cecil could argue with the Devil about how
| hot hell should be, so maybe this won't stop him after all.
|
|I will argue about any software package that doesn't agree with reality.

So "reality" exists when the software gives you the answer you expect:

http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp/current.htm

but is useless otherwise? You trust it to analyze linear conductors
and inductive stubs that have inductance and capacitance per unit
length but conclude that it is flawed when the conductor is coiled up
a bit. Interesting.

|If the moment method assumes coils with no distributed capacitance,

Did you bother to read Rhea's paper?

http://www.eagleware.com/pdf/apps/20...ngSolenoid.pdf