Old July 29th 03, 02:39 AM
Tarmo Tammaru

Mark,

I bought the Hygain TH3Mk4, which is about the size of the A3. It is a WHOLE
lot better than the Junior. I think this guy is looking for stuff that is
smaller yet (than the 33JR).

Another indicator is that if the antenna won't take full power, it has lossy
traps. I finally burned out a trap on the 33JR by running a KW into it. The
comparison to the dipole was done before I burned out the trap - somebody
once asked me...

I don't know how much power you are running, but your A3 and a linear would
give you more ERP than any antenna improvement you could make. I had spent
about 1/2 hour trying to work Ducie Island barefoot. Finally gave up and
turned on the linear; the guy came back to me on my second call!

Tam/WB2TT