Old September 26th 03, 04:06 AM
Clay N4AOX

Default BPL endorsed by FCC, another threat to HF ham radio

Hi Gang,
Curious about this BPL. Is there a technical treatise somewhere on the
web that describes exactly how this BPL will be implemented? I am having a
hard time determining how it works. I live a few miles from what once was
TVA's largest substation in their electrical grid/system, maybe one of the
largest in the world, fed by 0.5 MV lines. Sooooo lets start with block
diagrams. How does it work?

73,
--Clay N4AOX

"Dick Carroll" wrote in message

David Stinson wrote:

The FCC may be listening to "college boy" engineers.
I saw this happen too many times at government sites.

Someone has told them that "the power lines are balanced, so
there will be no radiation from them! My professor told me so,
my text book says so and that's the end of it!"

Well, as any farm boy radio tinkerer can tell you,
them books is one thing, the real world is another.

BPL *is* coming, folks. Count on it.