Old September 26th 03, 08:18 PM
Leo

Not a very convincing arguement at all. All emotion and bluster - but
no fact. Your anger and lack of character is driving your comments,
not intelligence. What you cannot see does not exist - like a child
putting their hand over their eyes, and believing that they are now
alone. Now that's brilliant!

But, you make quite an interesting spectacle of yourself when
dominated by superior intelligence and wit.

Please go on, Alter Kocker - you are making a complete fool of
yourself!

30, Leo

On 26 Sep 2003 18:30:00 GMT, (Len Over 21) wrote:

In article , Leo
writes:

Thanks, Steve. You're quite correct - there are some remarkable
opportunities which we need to explore!

What I don't understand is why the intelligent members of this group
put up with all of the QRM intentionally generated by just a few
troublemakers.

Of course...in the Orwellian Truthspeak of the PCTA, all who do not
love, honor, and obey the PCTA principles are "false, misleading, or
nonsense" and should be opposed to ALL that the NCTA are for...

There is only ONE side that is noble, good, and true...the PCTAs.

Anyplace else that is considered dictatorial, totalitarian.

To this invisible, unidentifiable "Leo" it is Truthspeak for he (or she) is
a mighty "force" for all that is good, noble, and true. Not.

For example, Len is not an Amateur, (well, not a Radio amateur....
), and states freely that he does not have any desire to become one -
yet he is involved in endless vitriolic arguements which are entirely
moot in his case - no matter whether code stays or goes, he isn't part
of the Amateur community, as he has not paid his dues (who in hell
cares about military or commercial comms experience - this is Amateur
Radio!)

This is just a newsgroup for debate, discussion, or argument. In this
"Leo" situation it is a place to Hide while NOT trying to be reasonable
about any subjects.

"Leo" constantly targets personalities, not the subjects. He (or she)
cannot stand up for what they actually believe so they HIDE, secure in
their safety from physical or mental harm. That is not courage of
conviction. It is just cowardly harrassment of others for personal
pleasure, having nothing to do with the subject of code testing.

In the United States the morse code test for an amateur radio license
is a federal regulation required now by the FCC. Since we US citizens
have the Constitutional Right to petition our government for the redress
of our grievances (First Amendment), ALL US citizens can reasonably
discuss and debate that particular matter of policy.

"Leo" claims to be Canadian, is therefore NOT subject to the same
Constitutional Rights guaranteed by the US Constitution. "Leo" has NO
Right whatsoever (except under Canadian law) to have ANY say in US
law. Yet, he (or she) claims some sort of (invisible) "right" to determine
who shall say what in an unmoderated newsgroup about the Law of the
United States of America.

"Leo" states that non-amateurs (apparently the overwhelming majority of
humans not licensed in any administration's amateur radio service) are
"ineligible" to speak about US Law concerning the USA's amateur radio
regulations. Oddly, many of the PCTA insist that non-amateurs cannot
speak or address their government even though those PCTAs are citizens
of the USA. That is also illogical, dictatorial, totalitarian.

Realistically, Amateurs have no interest in his opinions - he
has chosen not to join the community, and 'pay the dues" by becoming
licenced.

That is a mental aberration of this "Leo."

There are no such "dues payment" required under US Law, certainly not
in the regulations of the FCC, the radio regulating agency for civil radio
in the United States of America.

"Realistically," radio amateurs licensed in the USA are under USA law.

"Realistically," over two hundred thousand US radio amateurs became
licensed as no-code-test Technicians since 1991. "Realistically," they
are all lawfully licensed US radio amateurs who did NOT subscribe to
any PCTA commandments.

"Leo's" alleged "realistic" statement is nonsense, nothing more than a
perverse statement of territorial imperative ("turf") which is based on
nothing but his or her personal opinion...which is solidly rooted in the
PCTA mythology of might of morse.

"Leo" has NO data to verify that amateurs are all on his (or her) side.
It is perverse personal opinion only, of a single individual hiding under a
pseudonym.

Quite obviously, he exists in this group only as the
resident troll, bullying all who disagree with his pontifications and
opinions.

More Orwellian Truthspeak. Falsehoods labeled as "truth of all" when
they are just personal opinions.

"Leo" accuses those of opposite opinions as "bullies" when he (or she)
is supremely guilty of the same.

Look at today's barrage of feces that he posted, for
example, or yesterdays -- was there a single statement made that would
improve or change the state of the hobby?

Apparently the above statement of "Leo" is another "rational, civil
discourse" of the PCTA regulars in here.

Anything against their viewpoints is a "barrage of feces." :-)

Any positive comments? Any
news? Anything relevant at all? No - just a series of personal attacks
on those who won't see his way.

So far, this invisible "Leo" hasn't come up with anything but a lot of
individual personality attacks.

"Leo" doesn't seem interested in anything but flame wars. Is that the
spirit of US amateur radio? I think not.

Who cares what his way is? He don't matter - he ain't a Ham.

Did I state the PCTA view of "Leo's" is dictatorial, totalitarian? Yes.
One more statement of his (or hers) to prove it.

Perhaps Industry Canada has some rule or regulation requiring amateur
radio licensing in order to discuss, debate, or argue Canadian law?
No such thing is required in the United States of America...open discourse
is a fundamental Right of citizens of the United States.

Just a sad old has-been who enjoys beating
folks up (or trying to ) in the newsgroup.

I am just arguing for the elimination of the morse code test for any United
States amateur radio license. So do many citizens of the USA, both
licensed radio amateurs and those not licensed in amateur radio.

I am quite sure (by example of years in here) that the PCTA cannot
abide by any changes in the US amateur regulations that threaten
their rank-status-privileges achieved through federally tested morse code
ability.

I am also quite sure, again by example of years of PCTA statements in
here, that the PCTA have no interest in any "promotion" or "betterment"
of US amateur radio except for themselves. They show little care for any
US citizens entering the hobby to do anything but exactly as they had to.

A pitiful old erstwhile military comms operator, circa 1950s.

Somehow living a long life is anathema to the "forever young" PCTA.

"Leo" seems to ignore an entire career spent as a civilian as an
electronics design engineer, very much a professional in terms of
accepting monetary compensation for services rendered. :-)

And his buddies aren't much
better....just younger clones of the same persona.

Tsk, tsk, tsk...more dictatorial totalitarianism and provincial eliteness.

Shut them down.

"Calm, rational, civil discourse." :-)

Men without honor or intelligence or relevance are
not worth anyones' time.

Only the anonymous are "with honor or intelligence or relevance." :-)

Dictatorial. Totalitarian. Elite.

I've demonstrated some effective techniques
that can be used to squelch QRM from these types of individuals - give
'em a try.

"Calm rational civil discourse" in action. Become anonymous!
Harrass those who think differently! Force everyone to become PCTA
by ANY means! :-)

Or, use silence as a tool - remove the audience, and adios boors.

"Hasta la vista, baby?" :-)

Sorry, Canadians can't run for Governor of California. Make a few movies
first and you, too, can become a "terminator." :-)

Go for it! You don't see Len dealing with my posts anymore,
do you? He can't - he's been disempowered! Surplussed again.
Discharged. He can't argue with logic, or intellect, or reason, and
when there's no possibility of personal attack - game over!

Apparently "Leo" is so anonymous that his sense of reality is also
anonymous.

Plus, he knows that I know what he is.......he ain't fooling me!

This "Leo" is one sick puppy... :-)

This is rec.radio.amateur.policy, not alt.hasbeen.flamefest - let's
get these guys over to the appropriate forum, and get back to
discussing the future of Amateur Radio!

"Leo" thinks the "future of amateur radio" lies in emulating the standards
and practices of the 1930s.

Frankly, there are bigger
issues than Code Testing to be discussed here - BPL could wipe out the
hobby as we know it.......

Tsk, tsk, isn't the Brass Pounder League the heart and soul of amateur
radio of today?

To paraphrase Nancy Reagan, "Just Say No To Thugs!"

NO, "Leo." :-)