Old September 27th 03, 12:27 AM
Dee D. Flint

"Don Morgan" wrote in message
m...
For the extra class exam, do they allow scientific calculators?
If not is the a tan/arctan chart allowed for the rlc phase angle

questions?

I took and got the general last year but as I remember it I thought they

limited
the test taker to basic function calculators....

You can use scientific calculators but you must demonstrate that all
memories are empty and that you have no equations programmed in. It would be
a good idea to take your calculator manual and show them the page that
describes how to erase all memories and equations and then do so right there
so that they can observe.

If could be that in some cases, the VEs are unfamiliar with scientific
calculators so that the only way they can be sure that you have nothing
programmed is to limit it to simple calculators.

However, the test standards set up by the council do allow scientific
calculators.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE