Old September 27th 03, 03:28 AM
Kim W5TIT

"Dick Carroll" wrote in message

Dee D. Flint wrote:

"Kim W5TIT" wrote in message

And, is not upgrading because someone is happy where they are, a

problem?
When are you making your first million/yr., DICK, or are you happy where

you

are?

Kim W5TIT

There is absolutely nothing wrong with people being happy where they

are.
But we get two different stories out of some people. Techs crying

because
they aren't getting HF privileges and Techs not upgrading because they

are
happy where they are. If the latter is the true case, then there is no

need
to make any changes in any portion of the test requirements and NCI has

no
reason to exist.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Dee, they'll never get over it, they just gotta have it both ways.
"We're happy with no code tech and VHF so stopp griping at us for not
upgrading, but why don't they drop that infernal Morris code test so we
can get our Extras and get on HF?"

Dick

I don't know any Tech+'s or, for that matter, any hams who think like that,
DICK. Here's an invitation:

If there is anyone, *anyone* at all on this newsgroup, who thinks they'd
like to get on HF and will once the CW part of testing is done away with,
then please submit your thoughts now. And, if there is anyone, *anyone* at
all on this newsgroup who believes that they like the status of their class
of license--in this case Tech/Tech+--and figures they'll stay at Tech+
because they like it and enjoy VHF to the exclusion of HF *until* they can
get their HF privileges without CW testing, then please submit your thoughts
now.

Dick, I am telling you right now before anyone posts a thing: I don't think
you'll find more than a couple of folks who think like you state above. I
don't think you'll even find two. Yet, your broad paintbrush sees
*everyone* who is a Tech/Tech+ thinking like YOU think.

Kim W5TIT