Old September 28th 03, 02:11 AM
Robert

"N2EY" wrote in message
In article , "Robert"

writes:

"N2EY" wrote

Look again. There are those who not only advocate code test

elimination,
but
also the reduction or elimination of the CW/data subbands.

I've only seen that from a very few blindingly obvious trolls and

known brain-damaged pair who's personal flame-fest has been infesting
r.r.*** for _years_.

I'd be interested in some quotes on this.

Hello Bob, sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

No worries in this zoo! I'm a bit behind myself, as you can tell...

There was an entire thread on it here on rrap some time back. Thread title

was:

"With CW gone, can the CW allocations be far behind?"

Lots of good quotes from various nontrolling parties.

I'll have to actually Google it if I can work up enough non-apathy
on the subject.

Much of the rest of the world has no subbands-by-mode, and some folks

think the
USA shouldn't have any, either. (I'm not one of 'em).

I'm totally in favor of an enactment that would create CW
'preserves', starting with the current allotments and then rationally
_expanding_ them, even, if it would cool the jets of the more obnoxious
PCTA's. (not that that will happen.)

That aside, I'm rather disappointed that you couldn't name at least
one of the 'regular' NCTA's as being in favor of eliminating the CW bands.
Maybe one sticks out for ya...

---