Old September 30th 03, 01:58 PM
Carl R. Stevenson

"Brian" wrote in message
om...

Furthermore, if the US government wants to give all prospective
amateurs 3 hots and a cot, and a paycheck, for the duration it takes
to learn the code, I'd gladly enroll in the CG Morse Code school.

There's one problem ... there IS no CG Morse Code school any
more ... the services are NOT teaching their radiomen Morse any
more. My youngest son is in Navy EOD ... on notch below the
SEALS (which he qualified for 100% except for being just barely
over the line on their perfect uncorrected vision requirement) ... and
he NEVER learned Morse ... despite the fact that his MOS is
"Radioman."

Carl - wk3c