Old September 30th 03, 11:45 PM
Mike Coslo

Brian wrote:
Mike Coslo wrote in message ...

Carl R. Stevenson wrote:

"Mike Coslo" wrote in message

some snippage

Agreed, Carl. I suspect that by the end of this sad tale, many amateurs
will think much better of the NTIA. Rather than mass emails, right now
an interesting and very good experiment might be to do a little HF
direction finding.Trace the "mystery signals" to their source. Write it
up in a reasonably good fashion, and it might make for some more damning
evidence against BPL.

- Mike KB3EIA -

Mike,

You don't have to DF ... you can clearly tell just by listening when
you're approaching, in, and leaving the BPL area ... and you can
see the couplers they use to get the signal around the transformers.

I agree that it wouldn't be a difficult thing to find. I just think
that if an amateur or group were to take an approach that didn't start
out "I can hear the BPL intereference 60 miles away", it might have more
impact.

Something like " On such and such date, a strong interference showed up
on such and such bands. As the interference did not do away, a local
group of amateurs and myself decided to trace the interference to it's
source.

Then an outline of the DF method, and finally decribing the cause after
finding it.

The point is that if people can easily trace out the interference from
far away, it hammers home that it isn't really a local problem.

- Mike KB3EIA -

Don't forget the 8X10 glossies with circles and arrows.

We use Power point now.......

- Mike KB3EIA -