Old October 1st 03, 03:11 PM
Hans K0HB

"Kim W5TIT" wrote

Why does it have to be your way or no way, Hans?

Did I say "my way or no way"?????

Jim is free to have a different opinion, and I am free to suggest his
opinion is inconsistent with reality.

My amateur license cost me virtually nothing in terms of 'investment
of myself', and the curbs and gutters the city just installed at one
of my places cost me an $8,200 assessment. I value my amateur license
a LOT more than I value the city's new street curbing!

The things that I value the very most quite honestly are literal gifts
which I have recieved without an ounce of 'investment' or 'cost' ---
the love of my wife, the smiles of my grandkids, the whisper of the
wind at sunset on Lake Vermilion, the conversation with an old friend,
or my healthy heart. I value all of these more than my homes, my RV,
my boat, or the QSL collection in the closet.

With all kind wishes,

de Hans, K0HB

The only one of those, above, that is a literal gift is the wind at sunset
on Lake Vermilion. The rest cost you plenty.

You're mistaken. They are absolute unconditional gifts, and I
treasure them all the more for the fact that no amount of effort of
mine could have 'earned' them.

73, de Hans, K0HB
--
"Reality doesn't care what you believe." -- K0HB