Old October 2nd 03, 05:13 AM
Len Over 21

In article , (N2EY)
writes:

In article ,

(Len Over 21) writes:

In article ,

(N2EY) writes:

(Len Over 21) wrote in message
In article ,

(N2EY) writes:

(Len Over 21) wrote in message
In article ,

(N2EY)
writes:

In article , "Clint"
rattlehead@computronDOTnet writes:

sending and receiving CW isn't a building block
to anything else.....

Yes, it is.

First, it's a building block to the use of the mode on the air.
Although
other
services have pretty much stopped using Morse Code, hams use it
extensivley,
and an amateur license is permission to operate an amateur station,

not
station in another service.

Roger that, Reverend Jim...

Who is "Reverend Jim", Len? You and Brian Burke keep using that name
to address someone.

Tsk, tsk, tsk...you've never seen "Taxi" then... :-)

I've seen most episodes of Taxi. My name's not Ignatowksi.

We've all seen your prodigious output here in the Newsgroup.

And we've all seen your even-more-prodigious output here in this newsgroup,
Len. Under a wide variety of AOL screen names - nocwtest, lenof21, averyfine,
averyfineman, lenover21, and probably more.

I have never used "Avery Fine" as a screen name. "Len Of 21" is my
primary AOL screen name. Someone else has "No CW Test."

I have used NO other screen names in here.

My real name and current mailing address is the same as it appeared
many times as bylines in Ham Radio Magazine.

Not me. I use a variety of communications modes.

Of course you do. You are a true-blue amateur who believes in all
the guidance of the ARRL and the purity and sanctity of morse code
following all directives from Newington to the letter..

The only REAL fear is yours, because you desperately want to know, but I
won't tell you.

What "REAL fear?" It is NOT anything about the tuff tawk in here.

:-)

Since you won't say, we just put you closer to the BOGUS boys.

But what's really relevant is what a person has done in amateur radio. I've
been an active, licensed radio amateur for almost 36 years - operating,
building stations, writing articles, elmering, etc. You wrote a few basic
articles for a now-defunct amateur radio periodical and have never held any
class of amateur radio license.

Oooooo...! Was that supposed to "hurt" big fella? :-)

I got a COMMERCIAL Radiotelephone license in 1956 (only one test
needed) and had a career in radio-electronics design since then. You
will no doubt have to say such is "irrelevant" for lots of reasons.

You don't want to admit your occupation's firm name or what it does,
so you try to denigrate all those who aren't afraid of naming where
they worked or where they worked or what they did at work in detail.

You want to diminish the efforts of Ham Radio Magazine founders
Skip Tenney and Jim Fisk and their TWENTY TWO YEARS of
successful, INDEPENDENT newsstand publications. Why? Tenney
is a radio amateur. Fisk is deceased and his old call (W1HR) is now
used by a club in Jim Fisk's honor. You keep wanting to say HR is
"defunct" as if that is somehow unclean.

You weren't published in HR, Jimmie. You got as far as "Electric
Radio," a non-newsstand periodical for a special interest group in
old radio. Did you ever write for Electronics magazine (McGraw-Hill's
old biweekly)? I did. Did you ever write for BYTE? I did. I've written
for Microcomputing and Call-A.P.P.L.E. about more avoactional
and recreational activities concerning electronics.

That's not me, Len. It's you - except the ""peans to morsemanship" are
"diatribes against Morse code" in your case.

Someone has to counter your religious evangelism about morse code
and its "necessary" testing. :-)

You're projecting your own reactions and motivations onto others. Classical
transference behavior, really.

Nooo. The most I've been "projecting" lately are some Power Point
presentations. :-)

"you *MAY* have bootlegged in 1948 and before!"

Maybe you did - and maybe you didn't.

When did you last engage in a homosexual act?

Same sort of "question."

I will say categorically that I have *never* bootlegged - that is, operated
illegally.

...as far as we know...but then you will not reveal ALL that you do...

Can you say the same thing, Len?

I can say anything I want. Whatever that is, if I don't religiously praise
morse code, you will find some fault with it and write yards and yards
of copy manufacturing all sorts of nonsensical "arguments."

All you want to do is to selectively use my messages as an ignition
point for a Flame War.

Nope.

Incorrect.

YOU didn't exist in 1948. That was 55 years ago.

Irrelevant.

Anything before your birthdate is "irrelevant?" A very elitist, arrogant
attidude. Tsk, tsk...

Sounds like you're getting angry, Len. If you don't have a checkered past,
there's nothing to admit. Your anger *may* indicate a guilty
conscience....;-)

I once took a Checker cab. I've played checkers. I've watched many a
checkered flag wave at the end of NASCAR and CART races.

What I did at 13 is much more than you had done at age 14.

You MUST say that anything you've done at anyone else's same age
is "better." :-)

Did you win any International contest awards at 14? :-)

By February 1953 I was already (at 20 years of age) a soldier serving
overseas, assigned to an Army radio station with the callsign ADA.
I was with ADA for three years.

Fascinating - you were 14 in 1948 but 20 in early 1953.

15 in early 1948. Between 20 and 21 in 1953 depending on month.

Why are you so concerned about minutae in years?

Looking for another TROLL opening for more FLAMING? Of course...

You've never served in the armed forces of the United States, much less
"assigned overseas."

I never claimed to be. How is that relevant to amateur radio or bootlegging
by 14 year olds?

You are the one featuring BOOTLEGGING, Jimmie. That's a main
subject with you? Why?

You've made fun of my military service in the past. [that's in Google, by
the way, you seem to live part of your time there...]

Where? Produce the post.

I was posted to 8235th AU in 1953 and stayed there for 3 years as one of
the many who worked ADA, the primary communicaations station for the
Far East Command. 24/7 service via HF.

You've not done anything close to that.

For example - how about the way you made fun of Jeffrey Herman's Coast Gurad
shore station radio operating?

You civilians will never understand that former military persons can joke
about their military branches because we all KNOW what military life was
like. You CANNOT.

The USCG has NEVER done HF communications in any magnitude
approaching either the US Army, US Air Force, or US Navy. That's a fact.

You want to be honored a respected for being safely within in the USA
borders, never serving. You want to make fun of those veterans who
who don't love your blessed sacrament, morsemanship.

Not me. But you sure do demonstrate the principle of "can dish it out but
can't take it".

No problem. You want to throw food in a food fight here, go ahead.

If I care to do so, I can toss it right back at you with increased tonnage
and far better delivery.

Go to someone else to attempt a flame war.

The answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything.

1967 - 42 = 1925.

IRRELEVANT.

Only a few are interested in a dead, DEFUNCT, British fantasy
novelist who was a darling of a few eastern anglophiles. Sorry, but
it was all a flash in the pan, then goodbye. Don't try to pass that off
as "science-fiction," it will never play at the SFWA.

Is being an amateur somehow bad? Amateurs do things for the love of the thing
alone.

And a few of you insist your amateurism is "better" than anything the
professionals could ever do.

You are not a radio amateur. Nor have you ever been. And that's a fact.

I've been a PROFESSIONAL in the electronics industry. That's a fact.

I've been a hobbyist in electronics. That's a fact.

I've done military communicaations for three years a half century ago.
That's a fact.

I've done commercial communications as a civilian. That's a fact.

You have NOT done any of the above and that's a fact.

I don't venerate or worship or glorify morse code. That's a fact.

I don't fantasize or pretend that any amateur "needs" an out-dated
skill in any radio just to get a license to operate. That's a fact.

I'm willing to state anything I've done, barring NDAs or national
security subjects and that's a fact.

You are unwilling to state anything in any detail of what you have
done in radio or electronics for a living and that's a fact.

You try to amplify minutae into gigantic "arguments" over nothing
and that's a fact.

When you act civil and rational, then I might discuss things with you.

That's not a fact because it hasn't happened yet.

Now fire up your Time Machine and go back to the Past in radio that
you love so much.

Bye....