Old October 2nd 03, 05:59 PM
Hans K0HB

Dick Carroll wrote

..... strange that you would attach no importance
to how a ham got his license.

Where did you dig up that gem of mis-information? You really must be
on some chemical --- perhaps your diet Pepsi has been spiked.

I have simply pointed out that the path to an amateur license is not
(and never has been) particularly strenuous, and in most cases is a
pretty modest accomplishment. It's what happens AFTER you qualify for
a license which counts.

For information on how I feel about current license qualifications,
see my comments to the FCC. Go to http://home.earthlink.net/~k0hb and
click on the link (left of page) "FCC Comments".

73, de Hans, K0HB
--
"Reality doesn't care what you believe."