Old October 3rd 03, 03:07 AM
Mike Coslo

Dwight Stewart wrote:

"Mike Coslo" wrote:

You're off by a few years. Back in the early 70's, I used
a CB in our company trucks, and there were plenty of
rulebreakers then. Most every time I had to buy parts
from a local, I got to see their overheight towers and
linear amps.

Addressed in my reply to Jim.

That CB became well know in the later 70's is not in doubt, but since
my job in the early 70's required me to travel on the highways a lot, I
can ensure you that it had the "outlaw persona" even at that time. Over
the road, the Tuckers sounded very much like they do today, and the boys
running their linears were so very much like they are now. The biggest
difference was they used a different channel than 19. Know what it was?

- Mike KB3EIA -