Old October 3rd 03, 04:11 AM
Dwight Stewart

"Mike Coslo" wrote:

That CB became well know in the later 70's is not in doubt,
but since my job in the early 70's required me to travel on
the highways a lot, I can ensure you that it had the "outlaw
persona" even at that time. (snip)

I don't think I said it didn't, Mike. Instead, I'm pretty sure I said CB
"went to h*ell in a handbasket" after the Hollywood movies of the time. Is
there some conflict in that? Do you not agree that CB increased on
popularily dramatically after those movies and that problems increased
dramatically as a result of that growth? That increased popularity was the
final nail in the coffen of civilized CB. Unless there is some conflict I
don't see, I stand by what I originally said.

Dwight Stewart (W5NET)

http://www.qsl.net/w5net/