Old October 3rd 03, 01:31 PM
Brian

Leo wrote in message . ..
On 2 Oct 2003 06:48:13 -0700, (Brian) wrote:

snipped

BTW, is it the code/no code part, or the beating people up part, or
the standing together part of my statement that you disagree with?

The famous Code/No Code part.

Understood - and I respect your position.

Perhaps the ARRL's Official Observer program will now look outward for
interference problems rather than confine itself to internal problems.

I'm a bit puzzled by this one - that has what to do with BPL, or other
things that threaten the hobby?

OO's are trained in documentation. Documentation of interference will
be required to file a complaint. OO's are confined to documenting
amateur's violations in the ARS, not interference to the ARS by
unlicensed operators.

Thus, I state that perhaps the ARRL will take an outward looking
stance with respect to this interference.

That makes sense - we have the same program running up here.

Assuming that happens, I'd expect that plenty of us will be required
to augment the work that the OO's do in this regard. I have not seen
a statistic on the number of active OO's in the program - I'd assume
it to be relatively small, though.

73, Leo

Most prefer to keep a very low profile, so it appears even smaller than it is.