Old October 5th 03, 02:21 PM
Bert Craig

"N2EY" wrote in message
In article , "Carl R. Stevenson"
writes:

What
money are you talking about? (If you say "the manufacturers" that's
baloney.
I haven't seen a SINGLE comment filed on the current round of petitions

by
any manufacturer ...)

All that's really happened so far in the "current round" is a flurry of
petitions. There are more in process that don't have RM numbers yet.

Back during the restructuring NPRM, there were comments from

manufacturers.

In fact, the most-often-quoted-by-FCC commenter in the R&O to 98-143

wasn't
ARRL or NCI or NCVEC or some individual radio amateur.

It was Kenwood.

I wonder if any folks let them know that they would NOT be purchasing
Kenwood products because of this? I've always been a big proponent of
leveraging one's monetary muscle.

BTW, has anybody sent their respective ARRL candidates an e-mail re. their
stance on the code? I'm getting campaign flyers in the mail, seems like the
right opportunity. Same with our regular elected representatives. Drop 'em a
note and make 'em, at least, question the FCC. Remember how the vanity call
system came about.

--
73 de Bert
WA2SI