Old October 5th 03, 02:55 PM
Clint

Second, what part of "more 'meat' on the Extra written don't you
understand??? You say "with little technical content" ... where'd
you pull that out of? I never said that.

Your zeal to attack anything I say, even if you might actually agree
with the substance if you actually UNDERSTOOD what I said,
and then try to spin your distortion as "NCI position" is telling.

Carl - wk3c

It's more of a move on his (and by that I mean the PCTA's) part
to spin the issue to something that it is not... and attempt to paint a
very unfavorable picture of the NCTA's interests and agenda. I even
recommended the same thing; not an overall simplifying of the tests,
but simply a shift of emphasis on something that is more readily
applicable to ham radio as it is today than it was 30 years ago.
I recommended a thickening up of the written part of the test.
"they" will simply not accept what you say, or allow you to
get the message through to them that this is what we find to be
in the greatest interest in ham radio. It reminds you of the masses
of people a few months ago holding up the "no war for oil"
signs, and you say to yourself, "you just don't GET it, do you?"

Clint