Old July 29th 03, 02:20 PM
Walter Maxwell

Richard Clark wrote:
Hi Tom,

Well I have little to fear of that from this group.

I just saw Gilbert and Sullivan's "The Gondoliers" last Saturday
night, visited the new Opera house the week before (they were setting
up for "Parsival") and have been to more than a few Opera fund drives
in the past year (full dress dinners). Then there were several Balls,
lectures (National Geographic), the Bavarian Symphony (front row,
third balcony - nie wieder!), "42nd Street" and as the King of Siam
would say: "et cetera, et cetera, et cetera." Hardly describes my
calendar for the year.

Back when I was in the film society, we had a hook-up program with the
Opera's Ring Cycle and showed Fritz Lang's "Die Nibelungen." To most
who even recognize either, that wouldn't be so remarkable until you
realize that this was a silent movie. There were quite a number of
"silent" Operas done in the 20's.

Well, T³ was a hoot (and kept us cool to boot). But is
getting too steep for a shorter sequel. The story is rather
derivative from T² (the liquid metal pursuer, even if a girl, is
getting a bit thin). There seems to be a new logic in showing movies
(matches some of the posting tactics I've seen here), if the plot is
wobbly, turn up the volume.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC, past President of the Seattle Film Society

Hi Richard,
If I'm permitted to add a little trivia, Jean and I were in St. Petersburg
earlier this month, where we saw the Russian Kirov Ballet performing
"Gisele' in the Kirov theatre. We also saw the house where Tchaikovsky lived
during his later composing days.

Walt, W2DU