Old October 6th 03, 04:21 PM
Alun Palmer

Dick Carroll wrote in
:

Carl R. Stevenson wrote:
"Mike Coslo" wrote in message
et...

And what I'm thinking is that unless it means something again, they
might as well get rid of it. That little sliver of operating
frequencies is not worth it, if increased privileges are the measuring
stick.

- Mike KB3EIA -

Actually, the differences in privs from General to Extra are
substantial. With the FCC no longer issuing Advanced licenses, the
only way to gain access to the "Advanced sub-bands" is to upgrade to
Extra.

I'd say that's a pretty good incentive.

Well, one certainly can't say there's any substantial difficulty
involved!

I think you're wrong about that Dick. As an EE, I wouldn't find it
difficult, but I know plenty of Generals, and Techs for that matter, for
whom the Extra class theory is seen as something very tough. Not everyone
can be one of the intelligentsia!