Old October 6th 03, 08:47 PM
Dan/W4NTI

"Dee D. Flint" wrote in message
.com...

"Dan/W4NTI" w4nti@get rid of this mindspring.com wrote in message
link.net...

"Dee D. Flint" wrote in message
.com...

"Mike Coslo" wrote in message
et...
I'm still trying to decide what to do. I do a fair bit of

contesting,
and KB3EIA is quite a mouthfull at those times. It's not too bad CW

wise
(tho I haven't done CW contesting - maybe if I ever get good enough)

- Mike KB3EIA -

The way to get good at it is to jump in and do it anyway. The way to

start
is to listen to one station over and over until you finally pick out

the
information and then to through your call sign in. Also never

hesitate
send "PS QRS" when necessary. You can even specify the speed with "PS

QRS
10" or whatever you are comfortable with. Most will slow down.

I'm not particularly good at it myself but am running about 50% CW

contacts
on the ongoing California QSO party.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Good for you Dee D. I played in it myself. Got 147 phone and 194 on

CW.

Dan/W4NTI

Although it was running about even most of the contest, later the voice
bands picked up and I ended with 95 voice and 78 CW.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Great job Dee D. Wish I would have known you were on. I would have given
you a listen.

Hey Sweepstakes is my all time favorite contest. Ill be on CW for sure.
And maybe phone also.

Two diff weekends.

Dan/W4NTI