Old October 6th 03, 08:59 PM
Dan/W4NTI

"Larry Roll K3LT" wrote in message
In article , Mike Coslo
writes:

Can anyone *prove* to me that the Extra written contains things a ham

*must*
know to operate on the Extra-only subbands?

Nope! There is really not much reason to go from General to Extra
beyond personal satisfaction!

- Mike KB3EIA -

Mike:

In the past (the Pre-Restructuring Era), the reason for upgrading was that
increased operating privileges were the reward for gaining increased
technical knowledge and operating skill. The ARS seems to have taken
a clue from the rest of our dumbed-down society and abandoned this
philosophy.

73 de Larry, K3LT

I've never thought of it that way Larry, but your 100% correct. Just look
at Kim.

Dan/W4NTI