Old October 7th 03, 05:17 AM
Ryan, KC8PMX

"Mike Coslo" wrote in message
Ryan, KC8PMX wrote:
(sarcasm mode on)

Since the entire public is completely aware of amateur radio, therefore

they
all are waiting for the code test to drop, then we should have huge

growth
eh???

(sarcasm mode off)

Is the reason for low growth that people don't know about the ARS?

I would have to say it is one factor at least. I am not saying it is the
only factor for low growth.

I'd postulate that anyone that has any interest will pretty quickly
find out about us. have internet access, you'll find us. Read a
newspaper, and there are several articles a year about the ARS.

That postulation would also have to assume that there is some awareness of
this hobby/service, even if it is only a small amount of awareness. What I
was referring to was, I have run across many people that DID NOT have ANY
awareness whatsoever. Of course after discussing, they did have at least a
little bit of awareness, and it would be up to them to pursue it any
further.

I'd also bet that there really aren't that many people who are really
that interested in radio. That's okay. I don't pick my hobbies on their
popularity. I pick them because I like to do them.

I would agree with that statement as well Mike. Those people are not part
of this particular equation; being the awareness issue.

--
Ryan, KC8PMX
FF1-FF2-MFR-(pending NREMT-B!)