Old October 7th 03, 11:27 PM
N2EY

In article , "Ryan, KC8PMX"
writes:

I definitely am not an expert in any way, shape or form about this whole BPL
thing, but to me logic would dictate that if these BPL lines are going to be
emanating a ton of intereference, would they not also be prone to
interference coming in???

Yes and no.

The signal level in the line can be set to be much higher than almost any
interfering signal induced from outside.

Because the entire 1.7-80 MHz spectrum is available to the BPL system, and it
can theoretically use whatever modulation schemes it wants, things like
error-correction, retries, redundancy and avoidance of specific frequencies
can be incorporated.

For example, you start transmitting on 50.2 MHz SSB and you punch a hole in the
BPL. It adapts and stops using 50.2 MHz - while you're transmitting.

Seems to me that would create problems with connections and the quality of
transfer rates.

Perhaps. And the BPL proponents are trying to change the rules in such a way
that the *licensed* services have to accomodate them!

73 de Jim, N2EY