Old January 31st 04, 01:51 AM
DOUGLAS SNOWDEN

Thanks for all the feedback. As for running 275 ft of RG58, I would not do
that, but would try something like 9913 or LMR400, etc. The only reason I
am considering open wire feeders is to get ever watt to the antenna, and
save the cost of good coax. As for the comment that the feedline would be
part of the antenna at that long of a run, that was part of the original
post, and my worrying about the antenna intself unbalancing the feedline.
The way I understand it, the feedline should not radiate or be part of the
antenna if it is balanced. At least I know others are doing this with
success. I don't know if I would want to go to the trouble of making a three
wire open wire feeder.
As for the interaction of other things with the feeline, there is nothing
except open field for the distance.

Doug N4IJ

"K9SQG" wrote in message
I saw an ariticle from a British ham that fed a vertical with open wire

line,
mounted on his roof. Ground mounted might be problematic due to the fact

that
the feedline could not be brought away at a preferred angle. Would be an
interesting experiment though!

73s,

Evan