Old October 14th 03, 10:34 PM
N2EY

(Len Over 21) wrote in message ...
In article ,

(N2EY) writes:

FCC disagrees with you, Len. They trust amateurs (like me, whose first
amateur radio license arrived in the mail exactly 36 years ago today)
to keep on learning as they go. At least enough to know the current
regulations.

There is NO evidence of such implicit "trust" in all of Title 47 C.F.R.,
any radio service.

Yes, there is, Len.

It's expressed every time FCC renews an amateur license without
requiring a retest of the licensee.

It's expressed every time an amateur puts a non-certified,
non-type-approved transmitter on the air and uses it legally.

It's expressed every time FCC makes a rules change in the amateur
service but does not require any certification that already-licensed
hams know about the change and will comply with it.

It's expressed in FCC's acceptance of amateurs' use of new modes and
technologies without a lengthy approval process.

It's expressed by the unprecedented freedom amateurs enjoy in choice
of modes, frequencies, power levels, and technologies.

The Commission is NOT chartered or organized to be a promoter or
booster or provider of emotional sustenance for radio operator license
grantees.

Sure they are. Amateur radio is lots of fun. That's why I do it.

In fact, on this 36th anniversary of the arrival of my Novice license,
I'd like to thank the FCC for allowing me to have a tremendous amount
of fun and enjoyment on the amateur bands.

Radio serivce regulations of ALL radio serivices do not
expect emotional, nurturing "trust." Regulations REQUIRE obeyance
to the LAW. Disobediance to the law will result in possible arrest,
confinement, equipment seizure, and monetary loss.

FCC has never done any of that to me. Of course, I've never knowingly
broken any FCC regulations.

Regulations, the LAW, requires ALL involved to be cognizant of
ALL changes which alter relevant LAW. That applies to ALL involved
regardless of their total time of involvement.

Is there a point to all this hollering of yours?

No emotional-level "trust" is involved.

Sure there is. I get a nice warm fuzzy feeling every time FCC renews
or modifies my license, and accepts me at my word that the information
I give them is true and correct. My next renewal is coming up in a few
months - wanna bet FCC trusts me for another 10 years?

I trust FCC and they trust me.

ALL are EXPECTED to obey
the EXISTING law and ANY changes in that law as it occurs.

You mean like not bootlegging?

That is basic to ALL LAW.

Is there a point to your lectures?

The Federal Communications Commission was created by the United
States Congress through the Communications Act of 1934. That act
of Congress did NOT specifically center on amateur radio nor did it
give any special dispensation in any way to radio amateurs. ALL
civil radio services (non-government, non-military) in the United States
are regulated by the FCC. Regulation of radio services does not involve
"trust." It involves expectation of obeyance of regulations. Failure to
obey regulations will result in governmental action to punish offenders.
All involved with any radio service activity are governed by regulations
applying to that radio service. That is the law. For all.

Try not to redifine basic law or governmental regulation...or attempt
coloring and distortion of personal activities with emotional sugar-coating
of artificial sweetener in a false claim of personal or like-group
dilligence and responsibility.

Try to stay within one light-year distance of the subject thread instead
of misdirecting into personal pettiness of perceived pompousness
through false claims.

Gee, Len, why don't you try civil discourse? You know, like Carl
suggested, hoeny instead of vinegar. And maybe a spellchecker? It's
getting harder and harder to tell the difference between your posts
and Bruce's.