Old October 15th 03, 05:04 AM
Robert Casey

Clint wrote:

I'm sure the PCTA's will spin and twist this news to somehow say
it's another example of how NCI is destroying ham radio.

This calls to mind an article in one of the ham mags 20 to 30 years ago
where
someone planted a battery operated transmitter and morse code generator
that would key up at random for a few seconds every few hours. It would
say "hated person's callsign's suffix SUX" Suppose he didn't like me, so
it would then be "ISE SUX" The frequency was on the input of a popular
repeater somewheres out West, like Arizona. Mountains in the area shielded
the rogue transmitter's signal from inhabited areas; only the repeater could
hear it. It was planted in a wildlife preserve, antenna partially
hidden in a
thicket of local weeds, and battery and transmitter buried. They had to get
permission from forest rangers or such to do a fox hunt to find it.

My point is that someone used code to say naughty words.....