Old October 16th 03, 02:49 AM
Mike Coslo

Clint wrote:

"Mike Coslo" wrote in message

Bill Sohl wrote:

Bill, while you like to bring out this argument when discussing
Elimination of Morse code, I'd like to suggest you imagine some
situation where something you like about the ARS is going away.

*sigh*

It's code TESTING, not CODE, that is being pushed out the door.
ad nauseum, this must be explained. Why is that?

It's his point that is being debated, not whether Morse code is going
away or testing is going away.

If Bill wants to use the argument that:

Not at all, but I also believe that when it is obvious to the FCC that
a rule change is appropriate...even if a majority of hams oppose
that change...the FCC will do what it believes is right and in the
public interest. 98-143 serves as a bellweather to that since, if
most hams favored 5wpm General and 12 wpm Extra, the FCC
didn't buy it.

he really isn't using all that good of an argument. These are the same
people that think BPL might just be the biggest thing since sliced bread.

They could of course just decide that no ARS is in the public interest.
And I suspect even you might not care for that all that much.

Use the arguments of outmoded, hazing, specific mode testing and others
if you like.

But using what the FCC decides as justification probably isn't a good
argument.

- Mike KB3EIA -