Old July 29th 03, 05:38 PM
nbr

On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 10:12:16 -0500, W5DXP
wrote:

nbr wrote:
When I get into these antenna mysteries, the thing for me to remember
is to focus on where the likely voltage and current points are on the
element(s), and from there I have a better chance of prediciting the
characteristics of the antenna at a given frequency. Otherwise it's
pure voodoo. (I need to tattoo a couple graphs on my hand.)

You could probably learn a lot by using a modeling program like EZNEC,
which is available in a free demo version at http://www.eznec.com

You know, I've been meaning to do exactly that. A few years ago tried
a free demo (might have been early version of EZNEC?) and was scared
away from it because I found it extremely difficult to input the
antenna data....a simple dipole in free space was no big deal, but the
oddball antennas I like to experiment with (goofy lengths, bends and
angles,(in real world environment...near tower, metal barn etc.!) were
practically impossible to input.Garbage in, garbage out. Will give it
another try.
Tnx & 73
Dan (K0DAN)