Old October 18th 03, 01:05 PM
Dee D. Flint

"Carl R. Stevenson" wrote in message

"Larry Roll K3LT" wrote in message
In article ,

(N2EY) writes:

Maia et. al. are obviously leaving the door wide open to reduce or

eliminate
exclusive CW/data segments, even possibly moving toward a totally "open"
bandplan on all amateur allocations. I cannot support this. The main
pressure for band segment re-allocation will come primarily from users

of
SSB. This is simply because it's the easiest mode for any amateur to
implement in his/her own station,

I am NOT supporting phone band expansion, but I thought the
PCTA argument was that "CW was the easiest, simplest mode,
with the easiest to build equipment." ??? Why the turnabout???
(not that I agree that gear for other modes is any harder to
build than for CW ...)

"easiest mode to implement" is not quite the same as "easiest, simplest
mode, with the easiest to build equipment"

Here's the difference:

"easiest mode to implement" means open the box, plug in the radio, connect
antenna, and push the mike button.

"easiest, simplest mode, with the easiest equipment to build" means simpler
circuitry requirements, only an on/off "switch" to key the circuitry rather
than the more complex microphone unit, and so on.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE