Old January 2nd 04, 04:12 AM
Jerry Oxendine

Default Need an antenna (I hope)?

Would you please visit my website for your new mobile
HF antenna!! You will find reviews on Eham for this
antenna and its builder. I build quality screwdriver style
antennas and single band antennas on as requested basis.
For example, if you only work 75 meters (there are some that only do 75 and
40), then I will build that. If you
want an all-band conventional mobile (using taps), I can
build that (similar to the now-defunct GLA Texas Bugcatcher.

Visit www.qls.net/k4kwh

73

Jerry
K4KWH

Old January 3rd 04, 12:42 AM
Jerry Oxendine

"Richard Magdy" wrote in message
On Thu, 1 Jan 2004 23:12:46 -0500, "Jerry Oxendine"
wrote:

Would you please visit my website for your new mobile
HF antenna!! You will find reviews on Eham for this
antenna and its builder. I build quality screwdriver style
antennas and single band antennas on as requested basis.
For example, if you only work 75 meters (there are some that only do 75

and
40), then I will build that. If you
want an all-band conventional mobile (using taps), I can
build that (similar to the now-defunct GLA Texas Bugcatcher.

When did the GLA Texas Bugcatcher go out of production? Has something
happened to Henry?

Rich

Visit www.qls.net/k4kwh

73

Jerry
K4KWH

Yessir,

AFAIK, Henry is alive and well but no longer making his
antenna. I talked with Van Iderson last March at Charlotte, and it seems
the gent that actually fabricated the antennas did pass on. Henry got
interested in other
things (computers, etc), tired of traveling and called it quits. Now, if
he/someone else has taken up the GLA
Bugcatcher in the meantime, I am not aware of it. I do
know this: If you are looking for a fantastic 1 or 2 band,
you simply can't beat a large, center-loaded inductor for
a bang-up signal. Betcha you already knew that! LOL!

73

Jerry
K4KWH

Old January 3rd 04, 12:56 AM
Cecil Moore

Jerry Oxendine wrote:
If you are looking for a fantastic 1 or 2 band,
you simply can't beat a large, center-loaded inductor for
a bang-up signal.

Actually, an 8 ft bottom conductor, coil, 2 ft top section,
and a large top hat does beat a "center-loaded" antenna as
long as the top hat is outside of the main field of the coil.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Old January 4th 04, 06:05 AM
Sarge

"Jerry Oxendine" wrote in message
Would you please visit my website for your new mobile
HF antenna!! You will find reviews on Eham for this
antenna and its builder. I build quality screwdriver style
antennas and single band antennas on as requested basis.
For example, if you only work 75 meters (there are some that only do 75

and
40), then I will build that. If you
want an all-band conventional mobile (using taps), I can
build that (similar to the now-defunct GLA Texas Bugcatcher.

Visit www.qls.net/k4kwh

Now how come when I follow that, it takes me to
http://partner47.firehunt.com/ ????????

Old January 4th 04, 06:15 PM
Jerry Oxendine

That should be www.qsl.net/k4kwh.