Old August 25th 06, 12:54 AM posted to sci.electronics.design,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,alt.internet.wireless

Default antenna switch

Hi,

This is a variant on a question I asked a couple days ago. Again I'm
not the most hardware knowledgable so apologies in advance.

I have two WiFi (802.11b here) routers that I'm using to conduct some
experiments. They will be co-located (~half wavelength spacing) and
sending broadcast packets in a continuous loop over the duration of the
experiment. I originally wanted to disable carrier sense on the
routers so that they could transmit packets simultaneously. Given the
difficulty I've had trying to achieve this as an alternative I would
like to use some sort of timed switching device. Essentially I would
like this device to on each clock cycle short one of the routers to its
respective antenna and open circuit the other router from its antenna
and ground its output, and then on the next cycle do the opposite. I'd
like a clock period of about 2 msec. The idea then would be that the
routers would not block one another from transmitting.

One might ask why not just let them both transmit without this
switching device, in theory the carrier sense should allow equal
channel use, but I've observed that its not as evenly distrubuted over
time intervals as I would like for my experiments. Thanks for any
suggestions on this device,

Kev

Old August 25th 06, 07:44 PM posted to sci.electronics.design,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,alt.internet.wireless
You You is offline

In article . com,
wrote:

[...]

Pin diodes at the end of a 1/4 wave Stub.......

Outside Antenna Rikk Shortwave 25 March 6th 06 06:53 PM
Grounding Steve Rabinowitz Shortwave 31 December 14th 05 05:26 AM
No CounterPoise - Portable Antenna System RHF Shortwave 1 November 19th 05 06:18 PM
The "Almost" Delta Loop Antenna for Limited Space Shortwave Listening (SWL) made from TV 'type' Parts RHF Shortwave 0 October 16th 05 12:34 PM
WHY - The simple Random Wire Antenna is better than the Dipole Antenna for the Shortwave Listener (SWL) RHF Shortwave 15 September 13th 05 08:28 AM