Old January 16th 04, 07:49 PM
Dave Platt

Default Insulating Properties of sked 40 pvc

Finally trying to get on from my apartment. Going to use long wire
(stealth) and tuner. Will be running max of 100 watts, digital about
30 watts. Thinking of using small sked 40 pipe to snake through a
window (metal) with an outside brick corner. Just concerned with the
wall thickness of the pipe.

Thanks

http://www.harvel.com/PVCCPVCduct.html has a table of physical and
electrical characteristics for their PVC and CPVC ducting. PVC duct
is listed as having a dielectric strength of 1413 volts per mil.

I don't think you're going to have a problem with regard to
insulation. I'd suggest keeping the PVC-with-wire-inside several
inches away from the metal, though, if possible.

--
Dave Platt AE6EO
Old January 17th 04, 04:59 PM
Mikey

Sched 40 PVC is fine and will work for what you want. Don't forget to stuff
the PVC after you've run your feedline through, to keep the critters out...

See you on the air.

73,
Mike KI6PR
El Rancho R.F., CA

"KenW" wrote
Finally trying to get on from my apartment. Going to use long wire
(stealth) and tuner. Will be running max of 100 watts, digital about
30 watts. Thinking of using small sked 40 pipe to snake through a
window (metal) with an outside brick corner. Just concerned with the
wall thickness of the pipe.

Thanks

-- KenW