Old October 25th 06, 07:41 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Timewave ANC-4 question!

Mine seems to work fine with about 25 feet of wire simply run out the window and
about 4 inches above the ground along the foundation of the house.

[End fed random wire approach]

/s/ DD

Sun Tzu wrote:

I use an Timewave ANC-4 to reduce noise on the low bands at my location.
On 40 & 160 meters I can reduce the noise almost to S1, but on 75 meters I
can only reduce it to S4-5.
I use a noise sense antenna which is a dipole 4ft on each side about 4
inches off the ground and parallel to the power and telephone lines.
Anyone have one of these units and having any ideas I might try to reduce 75
meters to a lower S-meter reading?

All my low band antennas are verticals.

Stan
AH6JR

Old October 26th 06, 04:36 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

How did you manage to find this arrangement? trial & error? by accident?
I keep trying different things but maybe I am "thinking" too much, maybe its
simpler than what I am trying to do.

Old October 27th 06, 06:49 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Dave wrote:

I simply didn't want to deal with any 'VSWR' issues from a dipole
configuration. So, a simple end fed wire meets my needs.

the way I understand it, the sense antenna is supposed to pick up the noise
better than the signal you wish to receive. So VSWR most likely would'nt
matter.

Old October 30th 06, 03:33 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Sun Tzu wrote:

I use an Timewave ANC-4 to reduce noise on the low bands at my location.
On 40 & 160 meters I can reduce the noise almost to S1, but on 75 meters I
can only reduce it to S4-5.
I use a noise sense antenna which is a dipole 4ft on each side about 4
inches off the ground and parallel to the power and telephone lines.
Anyone have one of these units and having any ideas I might try to reduce 75
meters to a lower S-meter reading?

All my low band antennas are verticals.

Stan
AH6JR

Regarding the various DSP and Filtering comments.

The ANC-4 keeps most of the noise crap from ever getting into the radio in the
first place. Local manmade noise is phase canceled BEFORE the first rf connector
INTO the rig.

This makes the DSP/Filter functions much more effective in that they have a less
severe noise environment to deal with.

I use an ANC-4 with an ICOM 756 Pro III. I wouldn't be without the ANC-4.

/s/ DD

Question about the Timewave ANC-4 Steve Shortwave 46 September 17th 06 05:48 PM
New odd question jawod Antenna 5 September 11th 06 06:02 PM
For Sale TimeWave DSP-59+ DSP unit big boy now Scanner 0 April 23rd 04 07:25 PM
Stupid question G5RV Ken Bessler Antenna 17 January 9th 04 12:06 PM
transmitter question - its a dousy duckman Homebrew 0 December 8th 03 11:51 PM