Old October 25th 06, 09:40 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap

Default SC

wrote in message news:...

"David G. Nagel" wrote in message
an_old_friend wrote:

David G. Nagel wrote:

Slow Code wrote:

"David G. Nagel" wrote in
:

Merlin-7 KI4ILB wrote:

It seems that SC is too lazy to use qrz.com or read entire posts or
he
would know that I have my general and he would know that I use A CB
for
local information when I am in hurricane damaged areas.
Truck drivers always know what roads are open and where the last
place
get fuel is. A CB is also nice when your in a convoy of trucks
pulling
generators and drying equipment.
SC you ever been in an area right after a major hurricane? I have
spent
months in them drying out hospitals and medical office buildings.
Many
time haveing to sleep in the halls of the buildings we are drying.
Say what you will but a CB has its uses and sometimes there is
nothing
else
you could use in a hurry. When I get the phone call that we are
going,
I have between 3 and 6 hours to pack up and go. Besides what ever
Tractor Trailers that are going with us already have CBs.
I could go into more detail about SC but I think he is starting to
give Ham
radio a bad name by his ignorant and insulting comments.
Joe

Joe;

I can testify as to the usefulness of CB to obtain traffic conditions.
Last year I was coming up I57 when the truck drivers started talking
about a traffic jam just up the road. They mentioned dropping of the
highway and taking side roads. This information saved me over an hour
traffic delay. My wife had taken her own car and was stuck in the
traffic jam. CB radio has it's uses.

Dave WD9BDZ
former KBH1602

The no-coders on two meters weren't any help? Damn.

SC

Actually I was most likely the only ham on the road that night. Even if
I wasn't the truck drivers know the road since they drive it every day
where as very few hams do so. I generally see 100-200 CB equipped
trucks and cars for each ham equipped truck/car. You tell me which
service is better for road conditions?

Dave WD9BDZ

Id tfeth on qzr

?? Say What??

with the punce gotcha he wonders why I simple dont brother to ty impoving
my spelling do u hav anyting cognet two say?
ttp://www.marksspamblog.blogspot.com/