Old November 1st 06, 01:38 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap
Al Al is offline

Default Michael Jackson's Chimpanzee

Elizabeth Taylor!!!

"Chris" wrote in message
On Sat, 28 Oct 2006 13:56:10 -0400,
wrote:
On Sat, 28 Oct 2006 17:50:44 GMT, "Chris"
wrote:

On Sat, 28 Oct 2006 17:23:46 GMT, Cecil Moore
wrote:

Chris wrote:
If you've never programmed in assembly language, don't talk to me
about being a real programmer.

Real programmers plugged diodes into a matrix to
execute their programs.

Nope. That's hardware manipulation,

no that is prgraming indeed it is basis of all prgraming

but you have to try and distrot and twist any line of logic till
bleeds

Not so. The whole idea of SOFTware was to get away from what
otherwise amounts to rewiring parts of your machine. At best, that
was FIRMware, and it was not portable. Software -- the stuff that
programmers produce -- can be easily copied among identical machines,
so you only have to do the programming job once. That saves money,
because it saves man hours.

Programmers produce SOFTware. Engineers and technicians design or
modify HARDware. Moving diodes or patch cables around is not software
programming; it is HARDware manipulation.

Have you ever written an assembly language program? If you had, you
would be able to distinguish between hardware and software, and you
would know how they interact. Your uninformed comments make me pretty
sure that you haven't.

[Bonus Question: What is the name of Michael Jackson's chimpanzee?]

Old November 1st 06, 12:09 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

Hey what about us guys who programmed even further down the food chain
in "MACHINE LANGUAGE"? Assembly is for sissies! We don't need no
stinkin' mnemonics :O

Scott

Old November 1st 06, 01:57 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

On Wed, 01 Nov 2006 12:09:58 +0000, Scott wrote:
Hey what about us guys who programmed even further down the food chain
in "MACHINE LANGUAGE"? Assembly is for sissies! We don't need no
stinkin' mnemonics :O

That obviously makes you a real programmer. But it is the hard way to
do things, especially if you find a mistake and need to insert a new
instruction somewhere. All of the target addresses after the inserted
instruction change, and you have to go back and correct all references
to those later instructions, as well as some references to earlier
instructions (relative jump instructions change value). I much prefer
the "luxury" of an assembler, because it will do all of that stuff for
you.

To stay on topic, I'd probably better mention that Michael Jackson's
first chimp was named "Bubbles" and that the chimp and Michael would
dress alike wherever they went. The chimp later moved away to
Chassell, Michigan and started a consulting business. Michael took up
with another chimp named Max, thereby sending Bubbles into a jealous
rage. Bubbles has been acting his anger out in Usenet's rrap ever
since. He can be recognized easily, because chimps don't spell or
type all that well, and his posts stick out like a sore thumb. He
tries to cover it up by claiming to be dyslexic, but everyone
recognizes a chimp's typing when they see it, and they know that the
poster is really Bubbles.
Old November 1st 06, 11:00 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

It appears that Bubbles is yet again trying to hijack the thread.Get back on
topic, Bubbles.

"Chris" wrote in message
On Wed, 01 Nov 2006 09:04:58 -0500,
wrote:
On Wed, 1 Nov 2006 13:57:48 +0000 (UTC), "Chris"
wrote:

[...]

funny how you are so jealous of me and so desperate to try and malign
me

So you finally admit that you're Bubbles, eh?

stil avoiding you Progaming gaff tell do you take advice on uhow to

Bubbles, the word you want is spelled "gaffe" (I hope). If you really
mean "gaff," why then you are speaking of either sailing gear or cross
dressing garments (see
http://www.samiscloset.com/gaffs.asp). As to
programming, why I have forgotten more about it than you have yet to
learn.

handle your gaff from Kerry? it sure looks like it

John Kerry has never sent me a gaff, and I'm puzzled as to why you
think that he is a cross dresser?

Michael Jackson's Chimpanzee [email protected] Policy 2 November 2nd 06 04:05 AM
Michael Spears RIP \R&B\ Broadcasting 0 November 8th 05 04:50 PM
Is Michael Jackson Innocent? Is KE4TEW a father of felons? YES Arf! Arf! Swap 2 November 24th 03 01:15 AM
Is Michael Jackson Innocent? Is KE4TEW a father of felons? YES Arf! Arf! General 0 November 23rd 03 08:23 PM